About Precision NanoSystems
Precision NanoSystems Inc. (PNI) proprietary NanoAssemblr Platform enables the rapid, reproducible, and scalable manufacture of next generation nanoparticle formulations for the targeted delivery of therapeutic and diagnostic agents to cells and tissues in the body. PNI provides instruments, reagents and services to life sciences researchers, including pharmaceutical companies, and builds strategic collaborations to revolutionize healthcare through nanotechnology. Visit our site at https://www.precisionnanosystems.com/.
The Research Technician/Associate will be responsible for contributing to a wide range of product development projects including novel nanoparticle delivery reagents, microfluidics and instrumentation that enable the development and manufacturing of nanoparticles for therapeutic applications. The individual will have a diverse set of laboratory skills and should be comfortable with the concepts and techniques of nanoparticle formulation development and analytical characterization. The successful candidate will technically excellent, with attention to detail and a track record of successful research contributions.
Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to and support a wide-range product development projects relating to new reagents and hardware, routine testing and existing product support
- Responsible for designing and performing experiments with input from supervisor
- Collect and analyze experimental data, present data at meetings, provide conclusions and outline future plans
- Troubleshoot experiments and identify abnormal or unexpected trends in data
- Support technical documentation related to product development and commercial launch
- Work with internal teams to ensure the smooth transition of R&D concepts to market ready products including Engineering, Product Management, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, and Business Development
- Provide technical support to staff and customers (product use, protocols) as needed
- Provide training on laboratory/product protocols to lab personnel as needed
- Set up, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized laboratory equipment
- Ensure that the necessary laboratory supplies are available and perform tasks related to support operation of the laboratory
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc or MSc in the life sciences (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, nanotechnology, biomedical engineering)
- At least 1 year of hands-on lab-based experience in interdisciplinary research
- Experience working in industry would be advantageous
- Ability to independently design, conduct, analyze and troubleshoot experiments
- Experience developing nanoparticle formulations with a preference towards lipid nanoparticles and/or liposomes
- Experience in working with nucleic acids e.g. (plasmid DNA, mRNA, siRNA) and proteins
- Experience with a wide-range of analytical techniques such as microscopy, HPLC, UV-VIS, TEM, DLS, etc.
- An understanding of lipid and/or polymer chemistry would be an asset
- An understanding and interest in genetic medicine and biological systems would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) both in one-on-one and in a group setting with the ability to organize and present technical summaries of scientific data
- The individual must be a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and aggressive deadlines
- Proven ability to apply critical and analytical thinking
- Must be a resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented individual who is able to work with
- Project management skills will be considered as an asset
- Experience with statistical analyses of experimental data is an asset
PNI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Posting valid until filled. No solicitors please.
Precision NanoSystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.